In the state of Idaho, Chiropractors are required to undergo chiropractic continuing education each year in order to renew their chiropractic license. The licensing process is governed by the Idaho State Board Of Chiropractic Physicians. The Idaho State Board Of Chiropractic Physicians can be reached at (208) 334-3233. The term of each license year is annual, requiring renewal by the licensee’s birthdate. A fee of $100 is required for annual license renewal.
Basic Guidelines For Chiropractic Continuing Education In Idaho
- Renewed Annually On Licensee’s Birthday
- 18 hours per year, CCE approved
- Up to 6 hours of Distance Learning (CCE Approved) allowed
- Continuing education courses must be sponsored by a CCE approved school of chiropractic
* Idaho Chiropractic Continuing Education requirements posted on this page are based upon the most up to date information available. Idaho chiropractic continuing education requirements are subject to change and therefore, Idaho Chiropractic licensee’s are ultimately responsible for being up to date with the Idaho continuing education requirements.
* Information Last Updated 10/30/11
The annual completion of 18 hours of continuing education, 6 of which may be taken online, is required to maintain a license to practice chiropractic in Idaho. The subject material of the continuing education shall be germane to the practice of chiropractic as outlined in 54-709(1)(b), Idaho Code, and either sponsored by an approved school of chiropractic or otherwise approved by the Board.
CE providers may request Board approval by submitting a completed Continued Education Approval Form
The licensee must obtain verification of attendance by securing authorized signatures from the course instructors or sponsoring institution which substantiates the hours of attendance. This verification must be available upon Board request. The Board will conduct random audits to insure compliance with the continuing education requirements.