In the state of Oregon, Chiropractors are required to undergo chiropractic continuing education each year in order to renew their chiropractic license. The licensing process is governed by the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners. The Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners can be reached at (503) 373-1579. The term of each license year is annual, with renewal due on the last day of the licensee’s birth month. A fee of $300 is required for annual license renewal.
Basic Guidelines For Chiropractic Continuing Education In Oregon
- Renewed Annually On Last Day Of Birth Month
- Minimum Of 20 Continuing Education Hours
- By the FIRST license renewal date, first time licensee’s must complete a total of six (6) CE hours:
a.)Two hours of Evidence-Based Outcomes Management
b.)Four hours of Over-the-Counter Medications training
- Prior to the SECOND license renewal, you must complete 20 HOURS, of which, there are the following specific hours required:
a.)Seven hours of Pain Management education
b.)The seventh hour is online and MUST BE completed from this site: Online Presentation
- No Limit On Distance Learning
* Oregon Chiropractic Continuing Education requirements posted on this page are based upon the most up to date information available. Oregon chiropractic continuing education requirements are subject to change and therefore, Oregon Chiropractic licensee’s are ultimately responsible for being up to date with the Oregon continuing education requirements.
* Information Last Updated 10/30/11
Follow the link below to see information on approved Continuing Education
Oregon Continuing Education Link