In the state of Wyoming, Chiropractors are required to undergo chiropractic continuing education each year in order to renew their chiropractic license. The licensing process is governed by the Wyoming State Board Of Chiropractic Examiners. The Wyoming State Board Of Chiropractic Examiners can be reached at (307) 777-6529. The term of each license year is annual, expiring June 1st of each year. A fee of $200 is required for annual license renewal.
Basic Guidelines For Chiropractic Continuing Education In Wyoming
- Renewed Annually On June 1st
- Minimum Of 12 Continuing Education Hours
- Symposiums approved for licensees practicing within the state of Wyoming are those sponsored or conducted by any state chiropractic association, the American Chiropractic Association, or the International Chiropractic Association, or an approved chiropractic college, which devote themselves to lectures or demonstrations concerning matters which are recognized in the state of Wyoming chiropractic laws.
- Distance Learning is not allowed
* Wyoming Chiropractic Continuing Education requirements posted on this page are based upon the most up to date information available. Wyoming chiropractic continuing education requirements are subject to change and therefore, Wyoming Chiropractic licensee’s are ultimately responsible for being up to date with the Wyoming continuing education requirements.
* Information Last Updated 10/30/11
Wyoming Statute 33-10-113: Prerequisite for renewal of license; board’s power to make regulations; fees.
(a) Each chiropractor shall, as a prerequisite to annual license renewal, submit as a part of the renewal application satisfactory evidence of a minimum of twelve (12) attendance hours during the preceding year at one (1) or more chiropractic symposiums. Symposiums approved for licensees practicing within the state of Wyoming are those sponsored or conducted by any state chiropractic association, the American Chiropractic Association, or the International Chiropractic Association, or an approved chiropractic college, which devote themselves to lectures or demonstrations concerning matters which are recognized in the state of Wyoming chiropractic laws.
(b) The board shall also adopt rules and regulations authorizing the board to grant exceptions to the educational requirements, including but not limited to retired chiropractors, chiropractors who graduated within twelve (12) months of the date of renewal application, or chiropractors who were unable to obtain the education requirements because of major illness.
(c) All persons practicing chiropractic within this state shall pay on or before June 1 of each year, a renewal license fee in an amount established by the board pursuant to W.S. 33-1-201. If any practicing chiropractor fails to pay the renewal license tax imposed by W.S. 33-10-101 through 33-10-117 within thirty (30) days after the same is due and payable, the board shall revoke his license. When the license is revoked, it can only be restored upon written application therefor and payment to the board of a fee of twice the amount of the renewal fee in effect at the time the restoration application is filed.